Sunday, November 30, 2014

Beer Pick: December 2014

Hello there all,

It is already December! How did this happen? I can legitimately feel my youth slipping away from me. Enough with the theatrics: Onto the important stuff in life-beer pick!


The holiday season is often a time of nostalgia and remembering beautiful moments of years past. This past weekend, the mister and I went to PROST!, and I had one of my favorite beers: Maisel's Weisse Dunkel. The mister suggested that I use this for my December beer post, and it really is a perfect selection for me. I am enamored with this beer because of its delicious taste, caramel-y goodness, and it reminds me of my time living in Germany. A time in my life that really changed me and something that I still think about almost daily. This beer tastes like Germany to me. In Germany, I grew a lot, and I became more in tune with myself. Along the way, I also grew a taste for beer. What a better nostalgic beer then this one
.


Prost! in Portland always gives me an opportunity to taste on this favorite of mine while in Germany, and they also give me a bit of the German atmosphere that I yearn for. It is like they gift me a bit of myself each time that I go there, and I feel so "awwwww" when I'm there. Does that even make sense?



Moral of the story: try Maisel's Weisse Dunkel, and you'll taste a bit of me...in a non-weird way.

-Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment