Saturday, November 29, 2014

DIY: coffee filter snowflake

Hello there all,

We have an obscene amount of coffee filters in our house, and we don't actually use them at all. With the holiday season coming up, I've been looking for inexpensive, DIY holiday decorations. So, why not make snowflakes with these guys?

It is a nice way to make snowflakes without having the leftover paper from copy paper. Also, it eliminates a couple of steps of making the snowflakes because you don't have to cut off the excess.


Let's make these bad boys!


1.) Gather supplies:
  • Coffee filter
  • Scissors
  • Spray bottle with water (optional)
  • markers (optional)






You can leave it like this, but I choose to spray it with a little bit of water. If you spray it with a little bit of water, you can make the coffee filter a little bit more flat. See below.


The bottom picture of the above collage is made with markers. To do this process, you just need to take the coffee filter and draw on it with markers. Once you have completed your design, you spray on it with water. It creates a neat little tie dye effect.

I attached a couple of these guys to the string to make a garland. I'm goo goo for garlands.

A friend in high school once told me that the way that I make snowflakes is so...me. I've always wondered what exactly that meant. Any ideas?

-Autumn










No comments:

Post a Comment