Thursday, October 16, 2014

Prized Possession Post

Hello there all,

I have been mainly writing about food and crafts, but I was going to bust into a little more personal side of the blog with something that I am going to call "Prized Possession Posts." In these posts, I will talk about how sometimes material objects grow into something immaterial. It is where nostalgia rears its ugly head, and the reason why you hold onto that old stuffed animal from 3rd grade.


What am I looking at?
Honestly, I don't really know what to call it...him? Let's call him Conrad.

What is the story?
Conrad came into my life one Fourth of July when I couldn't have been older than 5. My family ventured to a celebration at For Vancouver, and there was a booth where you could make one of these things. You could fill your bottle with all sorts of colored beads (I chose a rainbow of course) and the body parts. Over the years, he has lost some appendages, but he is just as handsome as he was when I first got him. If anything, time has made him more handsome (just like George Clooney). I kept him over the years because it is from one of my first memories, and it is of being with my family doing something that is very Leave it to Beaver-y. Just a good old fashioned, American 4th of July celebration. Today, he lives above the Mr and my's refrigerator looking out and dreaming of when he'll move to the Hawaii and only eat coconuts.

-Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment