Friday, April 3, 2015

April Beer Pick

Hello there all,

I haven't done a beer pick for quite some time. This is because I wasn't really finding any seasonally appropriate beers that I loved. However, I have been crushing on this beer for quite some time. Now that it is Spring,it seems like a perfect pick for the season (However, I was enjoying this beer throughout the Winter, too). For April, I am picking Gilgamesh's Mamba for the beer pick.



This beer is quite an unusual one as it is brewed using black tea and tangerine peel in the recipe. It has a delightful taste which has a perfect pairing for just about anything. The beer is a great gateway drug beer to those that don't like beer because it has some fruity deliciousness going on, but it also has the complexity that a long time beer lover will appreciate.



On Valentine's weekend, The Mister and I visited the brewery for a tour, and it was great to see how they are doing things there. As I've visited several breweries, it is great to see that they are experimenting with such interesting recipes and using really innovative machinery to create these beers. A lot of what Gilgamesh makes is delicious, but I am definitely smitten with Mamba. We hit up bottle shops picking a wide selection of new beers, but I usually always pick up a Mamba as well. It stands the test of time, and it is by far one of my favorite beers. Ever.

Cheers,
Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment