Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Dressing in What Makes You Smile

Hello there all,

I have always realized that when I love what I am wearing that I feel infinitely better. Therefore, I would wear my awesome outfits on days where I needed an extra boost for a day (first day of school, sick, a date, etc.). Recently, I discovered how ridiculous of a choice that was because I should do this everyday! If I wear things that make my heart smile often then I feel better and walk a little taller and smile a little brighter.



What does this mean? Purge. Purge. Purge. I have been trying to toss anything that makes me feel anything less than wonderful. Why would I keep the shirt that I makes me feel fat? Or why would I keep the skirt that I always have to pull down? Guys, if you are clinging onto clothes that don't make you feel beautiful then get rid of them! You are just preparing for more days of feeling unhappy. Also, it makes finding clothes in the morning just a little bit easier. You don't have to shuffle through all sorts of clothing to find something because you will open up your closet to several things that make you smile.



After donating some several things, I feel wonderful. I just look at what I'm wearing and it makes me smile. It may sound superficial, but the way we present ourselves is important to everybody. When you feel good about how you look, you have a happier disposition. It is totally working for me.



Moral of the story? Get rid of the junk and rock your amazing duds. Your gonna feel like a rockstar in no time.

-Autumn

3 comments:

  1. This will give me a reason to go to thrifting!!! I have to find clothes that I like to wear before I get rid of all the "other" stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thrifting is the best! Seriously though, the Mister is scared to drive near Goodwill.

      Delete
  2. My kids tense up when we drive down certain roads. They're like........"please mom, no!". I love it!!! :)

    ReplyDelete