Saturday, May 16, 2015

Pressed Plants

Hello there all,

Recently, The Mister and I went on a little foraging walk to pick some flowers because I had a hankering for some pressed plants. It is such a wonderful way to make you take some time to really look at your surroundings and notice all of the little pretty things. We only grabbed greenery that had fallen or was at the park. When it came to the petals, we only took ones that had fallen because we want to keep the beauty around as long as possible.


The forage before the pressing. All of the pictures below are from after pressing.

 I feel like you really notice how beautiful some of the things you pass by constantly are when you see them like this.


The pattern on this petal. Swoon!

 I love it.


Face art. I was inspired to make this silly face art from some of my pressed plants from a RIDICULOUSLY famous artist that makes beautiful images of faces from natural things. However, I cannot seem to find her again. If you know what the artist's name is, please let me know, so I can give credit where credit is due.


This obscenely dark photo was the blueprint for a Mother's Day/Birthday card that we sent to The Mister's mom. They are just a bunch of pressed daisies that I pressed in the microwave. Has anybody else heard of this? Interested in a tutorial?

With all of this beautiful weather going on, I know that I will be pressing some more plants. It is such an easy way to remember little events like I have pressed clovers and leaves from trips that The Mister and I have taken together. 

Happy pressing, 
Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment