Wednesday, May 13, 2015

DIY: Lace covered planter

Hello there all, 

With it being Spring and every blogger posting a ridiculous number of planter revamps,  I have been jonesing to spruce up a planter of my own.  Recently,  I received some mail with some pretty lace in it.  I knew that I could find something to do with it,  so I hoarded it for just the right project.  (Someone please tell me that I'm not the only one that does this).  When The Mister and I were on one of our weekly Goodwill trips,  I ran into a set of cheap planters and POOF an idea was born!  Lace planters. 



Here is what you'll need:
Planter
Lace
Dishwasher safe Modge Podge
Paint brush
Paint
Scissors


Here's how to make something lovely:


1.) Paint the entire planter (inside and out).  Depending on the color,  you may need to paint more than one layer. I didn't care as much about painting multiple layers on the inside. Wait for the paint to completely dry before starting the next step. 



2.)  Cut the lace to the size of your planter. Then,  Using your paintbrush,  put some of the modge podge on the planter and then place the lace on top of the modge podge.  Wrap the lace around the planter and then cover the lace with more modge podge. While you are wrapping your lace,  you may need to fold some bits of the lace under the planter.
3.) Let the modge podge dry and put a second layer ontop of the lace.
4.) Wait 24 hours and clean up any bits that look a little "wonky"  with scissors or a utility knife. 


5.)Plant your plant.  I planted a little Aloe Vera plant which The Mister affectionately named Elvira the Aloe Vera. Too good. 
 
Happy planting,
Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment