Thursday, February 26, 2015

Thankful Thursday: Embracing The Shine

Hello there all,

I have a secret that may come as a real shock to some of you, but I am a girl. In the past, I tried to fight some more typical girly things because I bought into the fact that it meant that I was going to become this vision of the overly girly girl. You know the stereotypical girl that wears hot pink everything, rhinestones everywhere, and requires everything to be done in her heels. This lead me to reject my love for shiny things. Guys, I so didn't want to be the sparkly lover that I yearned to be. There were days that I would try to convince myself that I did not need some sparkle and shininess. However, I love it. I don't know what it is, but I just love me some tacky glitter on things. I would legitimately bejewel all things, and I would totally rock a pair of ruby red slippers with anything. Sometimes, we fight against liking something or not liking something because of societal notions, but we should say screw it and love what we love. Liking some glitz and glam doesn't make me any less powerful or badass (if anything it makes me more badass because I'm not buying into others suggestions).



Sparkly things make me happy, and it is just the thing to brighten up a long week. Today, sparkles made my week a little brighter. Yes, it is so cliche and ridiculously true, but rocking the sparkles on my headgear made me feel so much better.. It isn't material objects that mean something, but the feelings they elicit that make you a rockstar. Shininess is my jam.

What is your jam?

-Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment