|Sparkly shoes mean NYE business|
Onto the goals already....
In case you can't read my writing:
- Being more present and put away distractions more often
- Learn to cook/bake something new
- Drink more water
- More consistent blog posts
- Develop a healthy living routine
- Write more snail mail
- Eat out less often
- Take 3 hikes
- Host a family dinner/event
- Start an Etsy shop
- Make the new place a home
- Nourish my relationships
- Complete the sewing E-Course
Now, I have read several articles that suggest keeping to a few simple resolutions, but I feel like this list is more of a collection of to-dos than a list of lifestyle changes. There are a couple of lifestyle change ones, so I feel like it still aligns to the suggestion. If not, I do what I want.
More about these goals:
- Being more present and put away distractions more often- I have become too dependent on multitasking in so many areas of my life. At the time, it seems like it will help me be more productive, but I feel like this hurts relationships and general experiences. The main proponent of this is playing on my phone and not being as active and present as I would like to be.
- Learn to cook/bake something new- It is always fun to learn something new, and I love noms. I want to be more intentional and purposeful in what I cook, so it would be fun to learn something new.
- Drink more water- Always can improve this because I am just awful!
- More consistent blog posts- I've been lame, and I love this blog. It is such a fun creative outlet for me.
- Develop a healthy living routine- I am overweight and aching constantly, and the only way to improve this is to improve my lifestyle choices in this realm.
- Write more snail mail- Who wants mail? You want it. You got it-just let me know!
- Eat out less often- This is so draining on funds and is also so unhealthy. The Mister and I have relied on this a lot because it is easier, and we also enjoy the fanfare of it. However, the rate we do it is just not practical.
- Take 3 hikes- I did not go on a single hike last Spring/Summer, and this makes my soul cry. I need this boost to get out in nature because I love it so much!
- Host a family dinner/event- My home has never been the scene of a family event, and I plan to change it this year. My home has never been ideal for entertaining large groups, but this is going to change soon (More on this on a later blog post).
- Start an Etsy shop- I love to create, and I love having money. This just seems like a natural step :). Hoping to have this up and going in the next couple of months.
- Make the new place a home- A new place is coming our way in 2016 (like I said more on this soon), and I want to make the house feel like a real home. Something that we have both really lacked since we moved out of our parent's homes.
- Nourish my relationships- Relationships are important, so I want to make the people that I love know that I love them!
- Complete the sewing E-Course- I signed up for a sewing E-Course awhile back, and I never really did anything with it. This year though, I will be a sewing machine!
Here's to fulfilling goals and being amazing!
What are your goals for 2016?
PS Here is what I said about goals last year.