Saturday, December 31, 2016

Goals for 2017

Hello there all,

I've been gone for awhile. Forgive me. The humor of it all is that I stay away because I have been gone for so long, and then it just gets longer and longer. However, I love this thing. At first, I was a little bummed because I wanted to create this thing into something pretty epic that would reach the status of other bloggers. However, the truth of the matter is that I don't have the time to dedicate to this blog that other professional bloggers do AND I was doing it for all of the wrong reasons instead of what I'm passionate about: stories. Let's consider this Like the Season 2.0....but with the same blog design because ya'll, I am lazy.



ANYWAYS, let's get to the good stuff.

Since having this blog, I have shared my goals each year (Here is what I said about goals in 2015 and 2016), and let's be real: I'm not too good at keeping to so many goals. Like most people, I start off the year with the intention of doing great wonderful things. However, I crash and burn around Valentine's Day.

This year, I thought that I would start something a little easier. I made a list of things that I would like to accomplish next year. THEN, I brainstormed a list of single words that encompass all of those ideas. ONE WORD. Do you know how hard that is? However, by keeping one word, I am able to keep it simple, and it allows me something to focus on instead of lots of little details. With several goals, I was pulling myself in too many directions. With one word, I allow myself the opportunity to focus and chug along like a cute little train.

I first heard about the "One Little Word" concept from Elise Joy on her Podcast Elise Gets Crafty, and I loved the concept.

What is my word?

Connect.

Connect more thoughtfully and intentionally with those that I care about.


Connect through disconnect by taking steps away from media.

Connect with my body by solving ailing issues and listening to what it needs both mentally and physically.

Connect to my need to create and explore what that looks like for me.

Connect with the world by telling my story through the blog.

Connect with nature by exploring it more.

Connect with my needs and allowing myself to voice those needs and to investigate what those needs.

Connect.



I love it. It is so perfect for 2017. I invite you to take a second and think about what your word would be, and TELL ME in the comments below.

Happy 2017!




No comments:

Post a Comment