Thursday, March 5, 2015

Thankful Thursday: Baths

Hello there all,

We have all had those days where nothing seems to zen us out. We try hitting up Netflix, surfing the interwebs, and we even try playing silly games on our phones. However, there is no zen like the bath zen. You know what I'm talking about? The world is shut out, and there is nobody that exists except for you,.and the world all seems to make sense. I am serious. This is legitimately what baths are for me. In the craziness of everyday life or in the midst of painful routine, a bath is like chicken noodle soup for all of your achey bits.



As a kid I loved baths and would pretend to be mermaid for far too long. As I grew, I phased out baths because ain't nobody got time for that. Within the last couple of years, I started taking more baths to help relax strenuous muscles, and it just has this amazing therapeutic spell over me that I just eat up. Baths have been a saving grace for me on many painful days as well as stressful ones. Sometimes, I throw them in because I just need some me time.

So many people say they can't take a bath because they are busy, and I get it. Life can get hectic between children, social responsibilities, work, Netflix queue...BUT you got to stop and do something for yourself. If you are so stressed that you are just going to lay there without getting anything done: That's the point! If this terrifies you, make a to-do list before you climb in for a bath, so you don't think about what you need to get done. If this is still too much, you could try to multitask and bathe and read a book or mull over decisions/brainstorm for a project.

Moral of the story: grab your rubber ducky and get your feet wet! You'll be glad you did it!

Happy Bubbling,
Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment