Wednesday, March 11, 2015

DIY: Photo Garland

Hello there all,

Awhile ago, I was inspired by this photo garland by Natalie of Natalie Creates, and as I have an incessant urge to turn everything into a garland. I mean everything. I have already posted this and this. Sad thing about this is that these are not the only garlands that I have made since I started this bloggy guy here. Why do I love garlands so much? I think that it adds a bit of playfulness and whimsy to your space. I pretty love whimsy.

Enough with the blabbing, let's do this!


This is our family/friends gallery wall. Now that I see it on here, I cringe because there totally needs to be a frame on the bottom left. Add it to the to-do list! However, you get an idea of the EPIC photo garland 

What you'll need:
  • string
  • decoupage
  • scissors
  • pen
  • paintbrush
  • ruler
  • pretty paper
  • fabric
  • photos, postcards, etc.
Here's how to make the magic happen:



1.) Pick some badass paper, trace the shape of the clothespin on this badass paper x 2. Then cut out those shapes.



2.) Use your handy dandy paintbrush to apply some decoupage onto the clothespins, place one of the paper cutouts onto the clothespin and place some more decoupage on top of the paper cutouts. Do this to the front AND back of the clothespin. Sidenote: this alone is fun to do for magnets, chip clips, etc. Makes life a little brighter.

3.) Cut string the length that you want the garland and then cut 1.5 inch x 25 inches. Fold the strip in half (hamburger style) behind the string.





4.) Bring the two ends up over the string and through the loop that is created by the fold. It should look like a crazy bunny hat when your done. If it isn't bunny-ish, HOP to it and try again.

5.) Pull tight!


6.)  Alternate one of the fabric strips with the clothespins for the length of the garland and place your b-e-a-utiful pictures throughout the garland attached by the clothespins.

7.) Marinate on how awesome you are and how awesome life is.

Happy awesome making,
Autumn























No comments:

Post a Comment